Packages have a way of arriving when you are not home. To help out, we are happy to accept packages delivered by UPS, Fed-ex or any other delivery services on your behalf. You may pick up packages in the leasing office anytime during business hours.
Renter's Insurance is required of River Ridge residents. It protects your personal property if anything happens, and may pay for any damage or loss to the apartment property. Like everyone at River Ridge, you are responsible for damage or loss to apartment property, and your person caused by fire, vandalism, water damage, and other injurious acts or crime. Please contact the leasing office for more information.
Emergency Services: 911
Police Department: 317-327-1700
Fire Department: 317-327-6041
Elementary Nora Elementary 317-844-5436
Middle School/Junior High Eastwood Middle School 317-259-5401
Westlane Middle School 317-259-5412
High School North Central High School 317-259-5301
Within 24 hours of your service request (excluding weekends), a River Ridge associate will respond. If special parts or outside services are required, we will take care of those arrangements for you and complete your request as quickly as possible. To make sure you get the service you deserve, please direct all requests to the River Ridge office or through your online portal. We will do everything we can to solve the problem.
Our on-call maintenance technician will be happy to assist you with the following 24-hour emergency items:
- No electricity throughout the apartment
- No water throughout the apartment
- No heat in extremely cold temperatures (60 degrees or below)
- Water coming into your apartment (i.e. flooding, leaks, etc.)
- Toilet not working (if you only have one bathroom)
- Possibilities of fire from electrical sparks, burning odor, or detection of smoke. If a fire occurs, call 911 first!
- Anytime your apartment security is compromised (i.e. broken window, damaged lock, etc.)
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please dial 911!
Meanwhile, here are a few guidelines for handling some possible issues:
Electrical (power failure)
- Determine if there is an area power failure and that your electricity payments are up to date.
- Check your circuit breakers. Turn them all to the “OFF” position, then turn to the “ON” position.
- Call our office if an area power failure is not evident and step two does not restore power.
Plumbing (stoppage or overflow)
- Turn off the “shut off” valve nearest the fixture.
- Do not use fixture.
- Call our office.
If you are locked out of your apartment during normal business hours, please contact the leasing office. We will be happy to provide you with a key with proper photo identification. If you are locked out during non-business hours, please contact a local locksmith.
If you require pest control service, please contact our leasing office and we will be happy to schedule a pest control appointment for you. You will be asked to secure all pets during this pest control visit.
When you move in your apartment will be fully equipped with light bulbs in all of the permanent fixtures. We will be happy to replace any lights that are out of your reach. The resident must replace all bathroom vanity bulbs. Note: Eco-bulb, soft white 60w.
Please purchase the necessary light bulbs, and if you need assistance simply submit a service request for the maintenance team to install the new bulb for you. If you have any questions regarding types of bulbs or how to change a light bulb, please do not hesitate to contact the leasing office. We are happy to help!
Caring for Your Apartment
Refrigerators, stove, microwaves and dishwashers in select units.
Please use only a Stainless Steel labeled cleaner. All other products will tarnish the stainless steel and either leave a residue or damage your new appliances.
It is recommended that all granite be cleaned with warm soapy water only. Any harsh chemicals will damage the granite and cause it to stain, dull and discolor. Do not let water sit on granite, it can cause discoloration.
Please use a wood finish cleaner only on the cabinets such as Pledge/furniture polish. Do not use a bleach or kitchen cleaner aid. (Fantastic, 409, etc.)
Caring for Your Community
One of the things our residents find most attractive about River Ridge is the simplicity, consistency and cleanliness of how our buildings look. Maintaining that look requires everyone’s cooperation, and as a result, the community does not allow the installation of wires, aerials, radio or television antennas, clotheslines, or other lines on roofs, patios, balconies, windows, or any part of the building or premises.
Noise can be a nuisance, and at River Ridge, we ask all of our residents to be considerate of their neighbors when entertaining, using their television or stereo, or using appliances and vacuum cleaners late at night. If you reside in an upstairs apartment that also means avoiding running, jumping, or slamming doors.
If you are experiencing a noise concern, please let our leasing staff know and we will address the issue promptly.
Please take all trash to the compactor located just inside the gate. All trash must be in bags. Once you have placed the trash inside the compactor press the start button to the right of the compactor. Recycle bins are located across from the trash compactor.
We try to keep the grounds and public areas clean, neat and attractive for everyone to enjoy. Some basic community guidelines to help us stay beautiful are:
- Please make sure your garbage goes straight from your apartment to the community trash receptacle. We do not allow bags of trash to be left in hallways or common areas.
- Please take care to clear personal belongings from outside your front door.
- Finally, please show respect for landscaped areas, shrubbery, and trees. We work hard to keep the grounds looking great and appreciate your help in keeping them that way.
For your peace of mind, door-to-door solicitation is not allowed. If a solicitor makes it to your door, please refer them to our office.
Displaying or discharging fireworks, guns, slingshots, or any type of firearm or weapon is strictly prohibited. Violation of this policy by any resident, occupant, or guest may result in the immediate termination of the lease contract.
Residents receive 24 hour access to our Business Center and Fitness Center. Pool Hours are posted at the pool.
All vehicles parked in community parking areas must be in working condition and have current registration tags. Vehicles in violation of the following guidelines will be towed without notice at the owner’s expense:
- Abandoned vehicles and inoperable vehicles
- Vehicles with expired license plates
- Vehicles parked in fire lanes
- Vehicles parked in handicap zones
- Vehicles blocking the trash compacter or other vehicles
River Ridge offers attached garages with select floors plans. You may also rent a detached garage on a month-to-month basis. Please contact the office for availability and pricing.
River Ridge is a pet friendly community:
- All pets must be registered at the leasing office.
- We allow up to two pets per apartment
- We do not accept Pit Bulls, Dobermans, Rottweilers, Chows.
- Your dog must be leashed and under your control at all times when outside your apartment.
- You must pick up your pet’s waste each time you take him or her out. A $50 clean up fee will be charged to pet owners that do not clean up after their pet.
- Pets are not to ever be left unattended outside or on the balcony/patio of your apartment.
- Cats must remain inside your apartment or be leashed, or in a carrier, when outside.
- Aquariums under 50 gallons are permitted.
Rent Payment and Lease Agreement
Please make your rent payments by personal check, certified check or money order, or through our online payment system. You are welcome to drop off rent checks in the office, or for after-hours payment, please use our rent drop box.
- Cash and partial payments cannot be accepted.
- Remember to clearly write your apartment number on the check or money order.
- Delinquent rent payments are subject to late charges, as well as, legal fees and court costs. If rent has not been received by the 5th day of the month, a late fee equivalent to 10% of your rent will be due on the morning of the 6th day. If rent has not been received by the 15th day of the month, the account will be submitted for eviction and will be subject to legal fees.
- Bank returned checks will not be re-deposited. In addition to late charges, the resident incurs a N.S.F. charge of $50 as well as the late fees.
- Checks returned by the bank must be redeemed within 48 hours with a cashier’s check or money order. Two returned checks will necessitate that for a period of 12 months, rent payments are made only by cashier’s check or money order.
Water, Trash, and Sewage are paid directly to River Ridge with rent. Residents are responsible for connecting service and paying their electric bills directly to Indianapolis Power and Light. All internet, cable, and phone services are the residents responsibility as well and will be paid directly to the provider.
We will contact you in advance of your lease expiration date to introduce renewal options and explain any changes to lease terms and rental rates. If you choose to continue residency on a month-to-month basis at the end of your original lease term, you will be required to pay a monthly rent premium. If you choose not to renew, your lease requires a 60-day written notice to vacate.
If you find your current home no longer meets your needs, consider transferring to another apartment home within the community. We will be happy to assist you in finding an apartment that will meet your new requirements.
Roommates are jointly responsible for all rental payments and lease terms. As a result, a notice to move out from one roommate is considered as a notice from all roommates residing in the apartment.
Upon move-out, the security deposit refund check (if one is owed) will be made out in the names of all residents listed on the lease agreement and mailed to the forwarding address provided. That means roommates will have to decide when and how to divide the deposit appropriately.
At River Ridge we are committed to the principles of Fair Housing. We will not discriminate in the leasing and management of our community on the basis of sex, age, marital status, race, creed, ancestry, color, religion, national origin, gender, handicap, sexual orientation, or familial status.
We promise to provide all residents and guests with the same courteous treatment and application of company and community guidelines.
To assure a quality lifestyle for all residents, we have established occupancy guidelines for the maximum number of persons that can occupy each floor plan type: Two occupants in a one bedroom, four occupants in a two bedroom. If you experience a change in family size that puts your family outside the guidelines, please contact the office to assist you with the transition.